Fact of the Day: How big is the legal cannabis market in the US?

I wonder how big the medicinal #cannabis market is? #ThinkSpeak 


US legal cannabis sales reached $5.4 billion in 2015.

June 27, 2016

Legal cannabis sales in the US in 2015

This year the American market for legal pot is expected to grow by 25% to reach $6.7 billion in sales according to ArcView Market Research. By 2020 sales of legal marijuana will expand to $21.8 billion, that is bigger than the revenue of the National Football League. The industry is going to take off as the referendum in California in November to legalize recreational use would start a groundswell. Microsoft's decision to enter a space partnering with seed-to-sale software company Kind Financial on compliance solutions for the government may also positively affect industry performance in the future.
Find out more
When you share, please reference Knoema using the knoema.com URL located below the respective fact.

Comments

  1. There's that number again! Oh my gosh! Your post Gavin, time: 12:34.

    That number is constantly popping up in my life. Always has! Whether its a casual look at a clock at home, in the car, a bill, my little clock on the PC even on my odometer which I reset the trip milage thingie!

    It's happened as long as I can remember! I'd say not 3-5 days go by where I dont see that number anywhere from 1 to 5 times. Crazy huh?

    I sent you off those mails, then the first thing I read from you online... 12:34

    Weird!

    In respect to cannabis my vote on this stuff is very out. Understand, I never in my entire life even tried this stuff. When it was all over the place here when I was in school, college, etc. Not once.

    Towards medicinal usage there are of course therapeutic benefits to all compounds. Why, I'd bet that eating maple leafs off tree's if scientifically studied would show various benefits and not.

    My fear with cannabis is more towards broadband legalization. I believe as MODERN science marches forwards studying the effects of marijuana more negatives will arise than positives. The big question is will that make for changes or do the "powers that be" prefer the negatives.

    CBD's I believe will have a large global market, pharma will invade when safety and efficacy is proofed proper. Perhaps even to the point of over the counter pain, muscle etc. meds.

    Time will of course tell.

    Speaking of time, can we research why I see 12:34 CONSTANTLY popping up in my life?

    Numerology has all sorts of funk from energy to a spiritual time of day (or night). But I have it appear all over.

    Biblically if one looks at Luke, Mark, Matthew gets more interesting:

    Luke 12:34
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

    Matthew 12:34
    You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. (Which was Jesus hammering the Pharisees and Sadducees)

    Mark 12:34
    When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

    Intense yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you now allowed to prescribe medicinal cannabis?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts